Jones County African American Research
These pages will include information submitted by researchers on all persons of color.
Please feel free to send in any information you would like to see added to these links!
I will be adding more information to these pages as I find it, or as it is submitted.
- The Drinking Gourd
- Slave Narratives
- Freedman Bank Records: 1865-1874
- Various Family Information on Slaves, Mulattos, and Free Colored Persons
This is a must read when doing your family research! Lots of information with names and dates listed!
- Chronology Of The History Of Slavery: 1619-1789
- Chronology on the History of Slavery and Racism 1790-1829
- Chronology On The History Of Slavery And Racism 1830-1990
- History of Slavery in America
- The Underground Railroad
- Underground Railroad Chronology
- Levi Coffin, Underground Railroad President
- Harriett Tubman
- The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850
- American History On The Underground Railroad
- The Great Dismal Swamp and the Underground Railroad
Links to researching your African American families!
- Harrison Family Plantation Ledger, 1846-1883
The collection consists of a 48-page ledger book that documents the Harrison family plantation both as a part of the estate of James Harrison of Craven County, N.C., and Jones County, N.C., and after the estate was settled. Plantation owner James Harrison of Craven and Jones counties, N.C., died circa 1846. He was apparently survived by his ward Cassandra Harrison, his wife, and several other family members.
- African American Resources at Genealogy.com
- African American Resources at National Archives
- W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research
- Cyndi's List for African American Research
- Institute of African American Research
- Collegium for African American Research
- African American Research & Discussions
- African American Family History Resources
- Essential Steps for African American Research
Back to Jones County Page